compiling freeradius with oracle support

Alexandre Chapellon alexandre.chapellon at mana.pf
Tue Aug 26 21:38:31 CEST 2008

OK After I investigated a little bit more, something seems surporising
to me.
First of all I can find the missing symbol (OCIEnvCreate) in the lib
installed by the oracle instantclient:

 nm /opt/oracle/instantclient_11_1/libocci.so.11.1 | grep OCIEnvCreate
               U OCIEnvCreate
nm /opt/oracle/instantclient_11_1/libclntsh.so.11.1 | grep OCIEnvCreate
001d0218 T OCIEnvCreate

but in the same time i can see that the oracle module is not linked with
any of the oracle lib!!?
ldd /usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_sql_oracle.so
    linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xf57fe000)
    libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 (0xb7e84000)
    /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7fdd000)

Do you think it's normal? how can force linking?