User-Password required Authentication problem

Syed Anwarul Hasan syedanwarulhasan2007 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 18:01:05 CEST 2008

Hi Alan and all,

Thanks Alan for you earlier reply.
I have a problem for Authenticating Radius server with Openldap backend. In
the ldap.attrmap  I added the line
*checkitem   User-Password userPassword *and also under modules in ldap
module I have set_auth_type=yes for binding LDAP  for authentication for
User-Password. Also in the Sites-enabled dir under default file, I have
added in the Authorize section I added,
*update control {
  Auth-Type :=ldap
                      }
ldap*

*And also enabled pap module with auto-header yes option.
*
So, after configuring in this manner,still I was not able to authenticate.
Please help in this regard.*

SYED

####
Radius Debug Output:*

r*ad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type ldap
auth: type "LDAP"
+- entering group LDAP
rlm_ldap: - authenticate
rlm_ldap: Attribute "User-Password" is required for authentication. Cannot
use " (null)".
++[ldap] returns invalid
auth: Failed to validate the user.
  Found Post-Auth-Type Reject*
+- entering group REJECT
        expand: %{User-Name} -> hasan
 attr_filter: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 11
++[attr_filter.access_reject] returns updated
*Sending Access-Reject of id 225 to 127.0.0.1 port 1033*

*#using radtest:* *radtest hasan thales localhost 1 testing123*