Compile problems

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Aug 29 07:53:40 CEST 2008

David Blood wrote:
> I wish what you said was true. I see that in Make.inc sysconfdir is set to /etc.  Great.  The problem is when I run radius -X after installing.  It says it is looking for the config files in /usr/local/etc/raddb.  I can use radiusd -Xd /etc/raddb  and things work fine.  The problem is making radiusd look in the right place without using the -d setting.

  Are you sure you don't have two versions of radiusd installed?  If you
do, then you might be running one that is configured to use
/usr/local/etc, rather than /etc.

  Again, there's no magic here.    See also src/include/radpaths.h.  It
defines where the raddb directory is.  If THAT also points to
/etc/raddb, then you MUST have two versions of radiusd installed.