Compile problems

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Aug 29 09:16:49 CEST 2008

Hi,
> I wish what you said was true. I see that in Make.inc sysconfdir is set to /etc.  Great.  The problem is when I run radius -X after installing.  It says it is looking for the config files in /usr/local/etc/raddb.  I can use radiusd -Xd /etc/raddb  and things work fine.  The problem is making radiusd look in the right place without using the -d setting.

umm, you've previously ./configure'd, built and installed a previous
version...so 2 things

1) check that you really are running the 'radiusd' you think you are running
2) the new install wouldnt overwrite any existing /etc/raddb files so ensure
that the existing /etc/raddb/radiusd.conf doesnt have any silly PATHs
defined in it.

strace radiusd -X

will show what files are actually being read by the radiusd daemon
so you can see what games its playing

alan