Fwd: MSCHAP module returns OK, authentication fails..

James Yale jim at thebiggame.org
Fri Aug 29 11:21:00 CEST 2008

2008/8/28  <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk>:
> hi,
>
> whats wrong with that debug? looked fine here - that should
> end with a happy connection. ntlm_auth got the correct
> response.
>
> alan

The problem is that when that log ends the WPA supplicant gets:

-- EAP-MSCHAPV2: Invalid authenticator response in success request

And the authentication fails. The full logs of the failure are at:

http://jim.geezas.com/stuff/radius-debugging/eapol-ntlmuser-failure.log
for the supplicant and:

http://jim.geezas.com/stuff/radius-debugging/radius-ntlmuser-failure.log
for radiusd.

I'm going to try afew different distributions/versions of FreeRadius
and Samba, perhaps compile from source - presumably this configuration
is fairly common and working elsewhere, so it should work with some
combination (if I find one I'll post it up).

Thanks,

James