Radius --> Openldap auth: Failed to validate the user

Laurence Mayer laurence at istraresearch.com
Sun Aug 31 15:54:29 CEST 2008

As user laurence I am able to search, so the root now binds, however
laurence does not authenticate. I am able to connect via ssh via ldap
server etc.

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 172.16.16.55:42419, id=154,
length=60
	User-Name = "laurence"
	User-Password = "xxxx"
	NAS-IP-Address = 255.255.255.255
	NAS-Port = 1
   Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
   modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 0
   modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 0
   modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 0
     rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "laurence", looking up realm NULL
     rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
   modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 0
   rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
   modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 0
     users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 153
     users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 157
   modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 0
rlm_ldap: - authorize
rlm_ldap: performing user authorization for laurence
radius_xlat:  '(&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(uid=laurence))'
radius_xlat:  'ou=People,dc=istraresearch,dc=com'
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Checking Id: 0
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Got Id: 0
rlm_ldap: attempting LDAP reconnection
rlm_ldap: (re)connect to 127.0.0.1:389, authentication 0
rlm_ldap: could not set LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_REQUIRE_CERT option to allow
rlm_ldap: bind as cn=root,dc=istraresearch,dc=com/xxxxx to 127.0.0.1:389
rlm_ldap: waiting for bind result ...
rlm_ldap: Bind was successful
rlm_ldap: performing search in ou=People,dc=istraresearch,dc=com, with
filter (&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(uid=laurence))
rlm_ldap: looking for check items in directory...
rlm_ldap: looking for reply items in directory...
rlm_ldap: user laurence authorized to use remote access
rlm_ldap: ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0
   modcall[authorize]: module "ldap" returns ok for request 0
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 0
   rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type LDAP
auth: type "LDAP"
   Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group LDAP for request 0
rlm_ldap: - authenticate
rlm_ldap: login attempt by "laurence" with password "xxxx"
rlm_ldap: user DN: cn=Laurence Mayer,ou=people,dc=istraresearch,dc=com
rlm_ldap: (re)connect to 127.0.0.1:389, authentication 1
rlm_ldap: could not set LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_REQUIRE_CERT option to allow
rlm_ldap: bind as cn=Laurence
Mayer,ou=people,dc=istraresearch,dc=com/xxxx to 127.0.0.1:389
rlm_ldap: waiting for bind result ...
rlm_ldap: Bind failed with invalid credentials
   modcall[authenticate]: module "ldap" returns reject for request 0
modcall: leaving group LDAP (returns reject) for request 0