vlan assign - 3com guest vlan

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Mon Dec 1 20:16:33 CET 2008

>But how to configure freeradius  to work in this scenario:
>- freeradius check if it has proper mac addres in its users.conf, if it
>has it assign the proper vlan (it works !)

Yes.

>- if it doesnt find a mac in a file it assign vlan for examle 15 (I dont
>know how to configure that in freeradius)

You don't. You configure that on the switch - if mac is not
authenticated put the port into the guest VLAN.

You can do that in freeradius, but should avoid it (it will interfere
with other types of authentication):

DEFAULT   Auth-Type = Accept
                 guest VLAN configuration

You would put that entry *after* all others in users file.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP