problem with proxying

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Dec 2 14:56:28 CET 2008

Riccardo Veraldi wrote:
> Hello,
> freeradius 1.1.3 on CentOS 5.2
>
> I have problem with proxying.
>
> In a normal proxying configuration
> when the username contains a domain different from local defined one
> the request is proxied to the DEFAULT proxy entry.
>
> Here instead proxy does not happen
> and I have this warning in the logs:
>
>    rlm_realm: Found DEFAULT, but skipping due to config.

  See "ignore_default" in the realm module configuration.

> I do not know why this happens.
>
> to make proxy happen I have to force it on users file
>

> DEFAULT Auth-Type = System
>        Fall-Through = 1
>
> DEFAULT        EAP-Type == EAP-TTLS, Proxy-To-Realm := DEFAULT
>

> but after the proxying, the authentication always fails with login
> incorrect, and this is really misterious.

  You cannot proxy a particular EAP type.  The EAP session is defined
*before* an EAP type is chosen.  Changing the session from one server to
another mid-session is impossible.

  Perhaps you could try explaining what you intend to do.  Your goal
isn't a particular configuration, it's a set of results.  However, your
email talks about configurations, not goals.