Problem with CPU load

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Dec 3 12:39:34 CET 2008

Angel L. Mateo wrote:
> 	The problem we have is that sometimes it loads the CPU too much. An
> uptime of the host reports loads over 100 points and a 99% of CPU
> utilization. These loads last least than a minute, but during this
> minute, you can't authorize anybody.
>
> 	Any idea of what could be happening?

  This has been seen before in 1.1.7, IIRC.  The issue is that it's not
clear what's happening, or why.

  The simplest thing I can suggest is to upgrade.  Version 2.1.2 will be
released either today or tomorrow, and contains a number of fixes over
2.1.1 that correct more corner cases where things might go wrong.