Beating a dead horse, or freeradius 2.1.1 and active directory

Rupert Finnigan rupert.finnigan at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 3 23:55:45 CET 2008

Well, yes - it does proxy them fine.. But is the request from the switch a
MS-CHAP one? I don't think it is..

The switch will be sending a PAP request, not a MS-CHAP one, and so you'll
need to configure FreeRADIUS to take the PAP request and auth that against
AD. As the switch isn't sending a MS-CHAP request then FreeRADIUS can't
process it as such, and so MS-CHAP module returns noop. Unfortunately, I'm
not clued up enough on FreeRADIUS to help you with this config, but in
essence this is what I think you need to do to achieve your goal.