compile error on 2.1.2: library libltdl/libltdlc.la

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Dec 4 18:43:56 CET 2008

rgreiner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded the new version for testing, but I got a compile
> error. Di somebody get something similar?
>
> I'm building debian packages, on Debian Lenny-RC1. To compile, I had to
> remove "--with-system-libtool" from debian/rules.
>
> Running dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc, I got the following error bellow after
> some time. Any ideas about how to proceed?

I'm getting an error that I suspect is related, however I'm building
with --with-system-libtool and --disable-ltdl-install

error: conditional "INSTALL_LTDL" was never defined.

I'm in the process of trying to track this down, but it's slow going
because the machine generated autotools scripts are just plain nasty ;-)

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>