Proxy - wrong IP

Jørn Kostøl freeradius at ladf.net
Fri Dec 5 00:00:30 CET 2008

I got it working once I upgraded to 2.1.2. Guess something was wrong with my
2.1.1 install.
A pity that it's not possible to have more then one proxy listener as this
would be very useful.
I guess I'll have to nest multiple freeradius installs in the future when I
need to proxy to other networks.

Cheers,
Jørn

Greg Woods wrote:
>>   You can control this.  Read radiusd.conf, and look for the
>> documentation in the "listen" section.
>
> What this means in a nutshell is that there is no direct way to tell
> freeradius what source IP address to use when proxying(I'll be happy
> if I'm proven wrong on that).

  Perhaps you could try reading what I said?

  Or, if you're not running 2.x, .... upgrade.

> The only way to accomplish this is to force freeradius to listen on
> only a single IP address (which I think is what Alan is suggesting).
> This will cause freeradius to use that IP as the source for anything
> it sends. I have run into this issue on multihomed servers and it's
> the only way I found to solve it.

  This is documented.  It works.  It does what I said.