rlm_perl

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Fri Dec 5 14:38:46 CET 2008

>   I have problem in rlm_perl module.... I found a documentation which says
>that rlm_perl is not in default modules of freeradius so you have to add a
>value "rlm_perl" in src/modules/stable before configuring freeradius. I
>added that. Now in wiki of freeradius, I read rlm_perl and do what ever he
>says. But i got an error, as I never found DEFAULT Auth-Type = System.. so I
>added my own entry of DEFAULT Auth-Type = Perl.
>
>But now when I execute it, it gives following error:
>
>    /usr/local/etc/raddb/users[61]: parse error (check) for entry DEFAULT:
>Unknown value Perl for attribute Auth-Type
>
>    Error reading /usr/local/etc/raddb/users
>
>I just want to install rlm_perl and use it in accounting section, so that I
>can count its packets in and out.and time usage of user and make my own
>decisions.

So why are you putting Auth-Type perl into users file? You don't want to
do perl authentication. You want authorize and accounting. You don't
need to do any of the things you mentioned above in current version.
Just list perl in authorize and accounting and uncomment those functions
in raddb/modules/perl.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP