Is FreeRADIUS 2.1.1 capable of handling NAI decorations

Luca Adamo lucamerica at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 2 17:37:44 CET 2008

Thank you for the quick reply.

I've tried this solution but the results are not what I expected.

In fact i defined the following realm module:

realm wimax_decorator {
	format = prefix
	delimiter = "}"
	ignore_default = no
	ignore_null = no
}

and i make FR to call it during authorize phase.

The client show up with this NAI {am=1}utenteA at nap.com and the module
output  (from radiusd -X) is the following.

.
.
[wimax_decorator] Looking up realm "{am=1" for User-Name = "{am=1}utenteA at nap.com
";
[wimax_decorator] Found realm "DEFAULT"
[wimax_decorator] Adding Stripped-User-Name = "utenteA at nap.com";
[wimax_decorator] Adding Realm = "DEFAULT"
[wimax_decorator] Authentication realm is LOCAL.
.
.

The problem is that all my subsequent queries suppose the Attribute
User-Name to be utenteA at nap.com instead of {am=1}utenteA at nap.com so I
keep getting null result set from the Oracle DB since there aren't
entries for {am=1}utenteA at nap.com in the DB. A possible solution could
be making the sql module to use Stripped-User-Name instead of the User-
Name for the queries but I was looking for a solution that doesn't
involve the code.

Am i making any mistake above? Any other ideas?

Thank you,

Lu