No log destination specified.

Keith kwoody at citytel.net
Wed Dec 10 18:03:17 CET 2008

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Marcel Grandemange wrote:

|->
|->|->>I have a problem where I upgraded v1 to v2 of freeradius and now I can
|->only
|->|->start it with mode radius -X , if I try use script is simply does
|->following.
|->|->
|->|->>/usr/local/etc/rc.d]# ./rc.radiusd start
|->|->>Starting FreeRADIUS:radiusd: Error: No log destination specified.
|->|->>Radius
|->>======
|->>logdir = /var/log
|->>#
|->>#  The logging messages for the server are appended to the
|->>#  tail of this file.
|->>#
|->>log_file = ${logdir}/radius.log

I am still running 1.1.7. We only have about 200 dialup users left, so I
have never upgraded beyond that version as I don't feel the need and
dialup is the only thing we use Radius for.

Two things, one, have the config options between the 1.x and 2.x changed
for logging? I have not looked at v2 so I don't know. The other is
possibly permissions on the file or directory. But I don't think that is
it as you would probably get a different error.