Building FreeRadius

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Dec 11 12:45:19 CET 2008

Hi,
> I didn't add any user neither password, in fact I followed what I read on
> the INSTALL file, it indicates to test with this command and I did.

you are right - it doesnt. a small oversight I guess. however.
reading any other installation and 'how it works' guide will
clearly show how to add basic users into the users file.

if FreeRADIUS shipped with a default working account then that
would be a major security issue as it would have known
credentials and I would bet that 90% (or more!) of FreeRADIUS
installs wouldnt have such a default entry removed!!

ha ha

anyway, there are some other test entries already waiting
for you in the users file - they just need to be uncommented
and then FreeRADIUS restarting to take effect

alan