Problems with starting radiusd (2.1.3 - latest)

al pat alps.oss at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 14:56:35 CET 2008

Hi,
I got the latest tarball (source) from freeradius.org and after untar'ing -
did configure/make/install

I can't start up the server.

root at sipp5:/usr/local/sbin# rc.radiusd start

Starting FreeRADIUS:/usr/local/sbin/radiusd: error while loading shared
libraries: libfreeradius-radius-2.1.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

radiusd

root at sipp5:/usr/local/sbin# radiusd -X

radiusd: error while loading shared libraries: libfreeradius-radius-2.1.3.so:

root at sipp5:/usr/local/sbin#

I am using ubuntu latest release with linux kernel 2.6.24-19

I have removed the freeradius (using apt-get remove freeradius). When I
installed it showed version 1.1.7 (old?)

Any inputs on what's happening?

thx
-a