How to log failed auth attempts?

Todd R. tjrlist at lightwavetech.com
Thu Dec 18 05:48:06 CET 2008

You are probably the first to want the exact same text.  Someone may have
wanted to log the reason for the reject, but they probably didn't care about
the exact representation of that reason.

I just want what FreeRadius is already logging to the text file, I don't
want any special custom text for each error, just what's already being
logged to the text files.

Thanks for your help, I don't think I want to dig that hard to get this
solution, I am just surprised that it's this hard.

If the info is already being logged to the text file, it must exist in some
variable which should allow me to get it and insert the same into the DB.

Hmmm..

Either way, if I can't solve this fairly simple, I will probably parse the
radiusd.log file with a command line script and insert each line into a
table. I do this now with some other logs files, this allows me to then do
web based queries against the tables.

Regards,
 Todd Routhier