Group Authorization Question

Mike Diggins mike.diggins at mcmaster.ca
Wed Dec 31 03:46:19 CET 2008

I have authentication working from my cisco ASA550 VPN appliance to a
FreeRadius 2.1.1 server, using NTLM_AUTH for backend authentication. That
all works. Now I need to add authorization into the mix.

 	1. On the Radius server, I want to add a group X with a list of
 	   authorized usernames.
 	2. On the VPN side, the user selects a profile, and logs in, but I
 	   only want members of group X to be able to connect to that
 	   profile, even if the authentication is correct.

I have no idea how to make the connection between the group profile I
select on the VPN side, with the group X on the radius side. I'm not even
sure how (or where) to create such a group with freeRadius. Can anyone
point me in the right direction?

-Mike