Some Help Regarding Remote Free Radius Server.

Anders Holm anders.holm at sysadmin.ie
Wed Dec 31 11:50:40 CET 2008

pushpraj nimbalkar wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>
>> pushpraj nimbalkar wrote:
>>
>>> You have not read full message. I am using rlm_sql and i already added
>>> 59.181.96.194 to my nas list. look at below error
>>>  rlm_sql (sql): Read entry nasname= 59.181.96.194,shortname=AP2,secret=

Not sure if that is significant here or not, but the IP address also has
a space in front of it, both above and in the below.
>>>  rlm_sql (sql): Failed to look up hostname  59.181.96.194: ip_nton:
>>>
>>> i hope it's clear now.
>>>
>>  Yes.  You need to configure DNS a DNS server on your network.
>>
>>  Alan DeKok.
>> -
>>

> Thank you for reply but still i am not clear. because i have already
> running DNS server in my network and my freeradius server using same
> DNS. my resolve.conf has following entries.
> "nameserver 192.168.1.1"

What you do not seem to have is a reverse mapping of the IP address to a
hostname setup. Called a PTR record. Check the manual for your DNS
server, and check with the people who own the IP address range who
should do this, you or them ...
> it's my local DNS server.
> and my radius server local ip address is 192.168.1.12 and public ip
> address is 203.196.177.199

*shudder* There is no need for you to give the layout of your network in
those details.

//anders