Monitoring Tool for Freeradius

Marinko Tarlac mangia81 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 14:18:47 CET 2008

We have a wireless network and sometimes when link between two points is
down, radius updates are not received and session stays opened. I solved
this problem with additional field in radacct table and I place time stamp
inside that field on every update. If there is no update in 5 minutes (i can
define interval), script closes connection.

This will solve your problems with opened connections. But what if user
still stays connected after link is back and his session is closed?
Answer: Traffic won't be recorded because user don't have opened connection
(session with AcctStopTime = '0000-00-00 00:00:00')

So there are no ideal solutions :)