Quick question RE: FreeRADIUS Trusted Root CA List

Cerney, Lawrence Lawrence.Cerney at flukenetworks.com
Mon Feb 4 20:28:27 CET 2008

Thanks Sebastian,

Moving all the Trusted CA's into one file, as you suggested, fixed my
problem.

I still only use one server-cert. I have been testing with different
sized user-certs signed by CA's of various sizes.  That's the reason for
the 8 different CA's.  It would be the same if I wanted to authenticate
user-certs signed by different commercial certificate vendors.

Again thanks

Larry

To trust more than one CA, you simply have to copy all the
root-certificates into one file:

for example:
CA_file = /etc/1x/trustedcas.pem

I tested this with 3 CAs, and it works.

Do you really need 8 different server-certificates? So, how should the
server decide which certificate he must send the client?

Sebastian

--
Psssst! Schon vom neuen GMX MultiMessenger geh?rt?

-

immediately.