need help in using mySql for freeRadius server.

johnson elangbam elangbamjohnson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 17:00:49 CET 2008

hi,
    I am a new user in free radius with mysql, i've configure all the
necessary .config files (viz., sql.conf and radiusd.conf) of the free radius
for connecting to the mysql, but i wouldn't be able to connect to mysql
database. Please tell me how to check that my free radius server is already
connected to mysql and when i used the Unix username and password it
receives access-accept packets.
I've tried http://wiki.freeradius.org/SQL_HOWTO also but the instructions
given there is slightly different from the one I am using. I am using free
radius 2.0.0.
Please help me in configuring this to connect to mysql.
the debug log display like this

Ready to process requests.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 32771, id=218,
length=56
        User-Name = "john"
        User-Password = "radpass"
        NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.1.227
        NAS-Port = 0
+- entering group authorize
++[preprocess] returns ok
++[chap] returns noop
++[mschap] returns noop
++[unix] returns updated
    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "john", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
++[suffix] returns noop
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
++[eap] returns noop
++[files] returns noop
++[expiration] returns noop
++[logintime] returns noop
++[pap] returns updated
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type
auth: type "PAP"
+- entering group PAP
rlm_pap: login attempt with password "radpass"
rlm_pap: Using CRYPT encryption.
rlm_pap: Passwords don't match
++[pap] returns reject
auth: Failed to validate the user.
  Found Post-Auth-Type Reject
+- entering group REJECT
        expand: %{User-Name} -> john
 attr_filter: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 11
++[attr_filter.access_reject] returns updated
Delaying reject of request 0 for 1 seconds
Going to the next request
Waking up in 0.9 seconds.
Sending delayed reject for request 0
Sending Access-Reject of id 218 to 127.0.0.1 port 32771
Waking up in 4.9 seconds.
Cleaning up request 0 ID 218 with timestamp +34
Ready to process requests.

with regards
Elangbam Johnson