no start of radiusd after reboot : mysql connection error

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Feb 7 14:53:15 CET 2008

Hi,

> Yes I already check that, SELINUX is disabled....
>
> [root at ronsard ~]# cat /etc/selinux/config
> SELINUX=disabled
> SELINUXTYPE=targeted
> SETLOCALDEFS=0
>
> another idea ? perhaps something with permissions on binaries ?

what happens if you start the daemon from the command line
with

radiusd -x

(small x, not the big debug X! iirc, this runs it with
the configured priviledges rather than with root)

otherwise, as root, 'su' to the account you are running
the service as eg

su - radiusd

and run the daemon.  check what it can or cannot read!

alan