Check for LDAP source in users?

Kolbjørn Barmen kolbjorn.barmen at uninett.no
Fri Feb 8 14:14:17 CET 2008

I have an LDAP server with sets of users.

The only thing that seperate the different groups of users is the DN
itself, group1 of users are located under ou=group1,o=bla,c=no, group2 of
users are locate under ou=group2,o=bla,c=no and so forth.

I want to send different attributes for the different groups.
There are no groupMemberShip or groupName attributes available
that I can trust, I just want to check if the DN contains the string
"ou=group1,o=bla,c=no" or "ou=group2,o=bla,c=no" etc.

I have tried setting up two LDAP entries (ldap1 and ldap2), each with the
above DNs as basedn, but is there a way to create DEFAULT-entrie in the
users file that will check which the user mathes?

Suggestions?

Thanks alot.

--
Kolbjørn Barmen