no start of radiusd after reboot : mysql connection error

Fri Feb 8 14:37:15 CET 2008

Alan DeKok a écrit :
> mailinglists wrote:
>
>> After reboot, freeradius does'nt start, and says this is because it
>> could'nt reach the mysql database. But it doesn't even tries to contact
>> it (networkingly-speaking : tcpdump sees nothing).
>> Just after reboot, if root runs "/etc/init.d/radiusd start", freeradius
>> starts OK, and contacts correctly the database.
>> If I add a "ping database.domain.com" in the /etc/init.d/radiusd just
>> before starting radiusd, it works, even at boot time !! (but it's really
>> a dirty and ugly a solution, so I cant' resolv myself to such an issue !!!)
>>

>   It looks to me like it's a networking issue on that machine.  The
> "ping" shouldn't effect anything... but it does.
>
>   FreeRADIUS is at the mercy of the networking stack && the MySQL
> libraries.  I don't think there's anything that can be done in
> FreeRADIUS to fix that

OK, I'm not expert enough in networking to debug that. So I come back to
my dirty solution.
I add the following line to the /etc/init.d/radiusd :
  start)
        # Palliatif au pb du non-demarrage de radiusd apres reboot
        # cf freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org thread "no start of
radiusd after reboot : mysql connection error"
        ping -c 1 ntp.domain.com

        echo -n $"Starting RADIUS server: "

And it works.......
Thank you for your help, bye