Newslists

Keith Dovale - HostworX.co.za keith at hostworx.co.za
Fri Feb 8 14:37:45 CET 2008

I did explain what I was trying to do with the failover and the attr_rewrite function,

what more can a person say about the attrib rewrite, other than the attribute rewrite is supposed to check for an attribute in a packet in this case the reply packet, if it finds the attribute,  change it and basically carry on

But when it checks for the attribute in the reply packet, it says it can't find it, but it still does the attrib-rewrite changes the values and then moans it couldn’t find the value pair. This is obviously not normal in my opinion, and thus I asked about a specific problem. I only attached the debug portion as it is specific to the problem.

When you take your car to the garage for a brake problem, you don’t explain how the engine, fan, wheels, boot opener works,  you say the car does not stop when I push the breaks. If the mechanic asks for more info then you tell him.

rlm_attr_rewrite: No match found for attribute Configuration-Token with
> value 'SHAPED_NORMAL'
>
> radius_xlat:  'UNSHAPED_NORMAL'
>
> radius_xlat:  'SHAPED_NORMAL'
>
> rlm_attr_rewrite: Changed value for attribute Configuration-Token from
> 'UNSHAPED_NORMAL' to 'SHAPED_NORMAL'
>
> rlm_attr_rewrite: Could not find value pair for attribute
> Configuration-Token

Regards

Keith Dovale