MLPPP - Maybe off topic

Tony Spencer tony at eurisp.co.uk
Fri Feb 8 16:48:28 CET 2008

Hi

Apologises if this isn’t really a Freeradius question, although maybe
someone on the list has encountered the issue we have and may have a
solution.

We are trying to bond 2 DSL lines for a customer who has 2 phone lines and 2
DSL circuits in his office.

For some reason it is not working as we would expect.

My understanding is that both DSL circuits have to connect using the same
username/password and we have to add:

Cisco-Avpair = "preauth:ppp-multilink=1"

To the users Radius profile.

Although both DSL routers connect it gives some very strange routing issues.

And things that web pages can’t be viewed.

We are terminating DSL on a Cisco 7304 over L2TP.

We know the Cisco does MLPPP and we can see it does bond some connections
for some reason, no idea why, but we see them.

Am I doing some wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Checked by AVG Free Edition.