mod_auth_radius question

Jeremiah Millay jmillay at sover.net
Mon Feb 11 22:43:17 CET 2008

I have a question regarding mod_auth_radius which doesn't seem to be
addressed by the included documentation or anything I have found with a
google search.
When configuring the module in the apache configuration (I'm using the
latest 1.3 branch) is it possible to specify more than one radius server
so that it will fail over in the even that the first is down? Something
like this:

<IfModule mod_auth_radius.c>
#
# AddRadiusAuth server[:port] <shared-secret> [ timeout [ : retries ]]
#
AddRadiusAuth server1.example.com:1645 secret 5:3
AddRadiusAuth server2.example.com:1645 secret 5:3
AddRadiusCookieValid 60
</IfModule>

It seems as though this doesn't work or it wants to use only the last
one specified. Am I missing something? Anybody have experience trying to
use this module in a similar setup? It would be great to be able to get
this working with both of my radius servers.
Thanks in advance!
Jeremiah