radiusd dying

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Feb 13 15:56:29 CET 2008

Frank Winkler wrote:
> After 1.1.7 had been running for about a month without any problems,
> radiusd has now died silently or completely stuck (it has to be "kill
> -9"ed) a couple of times. In either case, I get no logs about what's wrong.
>
> My platform is Solaris 10/x64 with quite current patches. Are there any
> known issues?

  No idea.  Try grabbing CVS of branch_1_1:

$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.freeradius.org:/source checkout -r
branch_1_1 radiusd

  and in the checkout:

$ cvs diff -u -r release_1_1_7 -r branch_1_1

  There are a number of fixes post 1.1.7 which may help.

  These may be rolled into a 1.1.8 at some point, but it's a very low
priority.