rlm_checkval

javkhlanbaatar at newcomsystems.mn javkhlanbaatar at newcomsystems.mn
Fri Feb 15 09:34:05 CET 2008

Hi,

I've installed 2.0.2 version and run with debug mode.
I've got username, password and MAC address in mysql radcheck table.
But it didn't check MAC address. but in my radiusd.conf, there is checkval :

checkval {
                item-name = Calling-Station-Id

                check-name = Calling-Station-Id

                data-type = string

                #notfound-reject = no
        }

I've also enabled 'checkval' in authorize section from
sites-enabled/default. in 2.0.1, it was working. Here is the log with
debug mode:

on authentication address * port 1645
Listening on accounting address * port 1646
Ready to process requests.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 203.34.37.117 port 1218, id=9,
length=45
        User-Name = "steve"
        User-Password = "testing"
+- entering group authorize
++[preprocess] returns ok
++[chap] returns noop
++[mschap] returns noop
    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "steve", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
++[suffix] returns noop
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
++[eap] returns noop
++[unix] returns notfound
    users: Matched entry steve at line 76
++[files] returns ok
        expand: %{User-Name} -> steve
rlm_sql (sql): sql_set_user escaped user --> 'steve'
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 4
        expand: SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op           FROM
radcheck           WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-Name}'
ORDER BY id -> SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op
FROM radcheck           WHERE username = 'steve'           ORDER
BY id
        expand: SELECT groupname           FROM radusergroup
WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-Name}'           ORDER BY priority ->
SELECT groupname           FROM radusergroup           WHERE
username = 'steve'           ORDER BY priority
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 4
rlm_sql (sql): User steve not found
++[sql] returns notfound
rlm_checkval: Could not find item named Calling-Station-Id in request
rlm_checkval: Could not find attribute named Calling-Station-Id in check
pairs
++[checkval] returns notfound
++[expiration] returns noop
++[logintime] returns noop
++[pap] returns updated
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type
auth: type "PAP"
+- entering group PAP
rlm_pap: login attempt with password "testing"
rlm_pap: Using clear text password "testing"
rlm_pap: User authenticated successfully
++[pap] returns ok
Login OK: [steve/testing] (from client real-networks port 0)
Sending Access-Accept of id 9 to 203.34.37.117 port 1218
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        Framed-IP-Address = 172.16.3.33
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0
        Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen
        Framed-Filter-Id = "std.ppp"
        Framed-MTU = 1500
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
Finished request 0.
Going to the next request
Waking up in 0.9 seconds.
Waking up in 4.0 seconds.
Cleaning up request 0 ID 9 with timestamp +6
Ready to process requests.

Whats the problem