Query regarding Cluster configuration of Radius server

Kartik CDS kartik.cds at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 12:43:23 CET 2008

Hello,

I have a cluster setup of radius server.
The cluster having ip adress as VIP and the cluster members are having IP1
and IP2.

Radius client sends access-request to the ip address VIP
The cluster is responding with IP1 or IP2 instead of VIP as the source
address, should the radius client allow such a response ?

I mean to say whether the radius client should validate the source address
?? [ I couldnt find anything related to this in the RFC, kindly help]

Regards,
Kartik