'Idle-Timeout' and the 'Acct-Session-Time' argument

Liran Tal liran at enginx.com
Sun Feb 24 10:56:59 CET 2008

Pierre,

So you are indeed looking for an Idle-Timeout, in this case how do you know
that it doesn't work? how can you be sure that your NAS is supposed to send
the Idle-Timeout at all?

I am talking about tests that you should do.
Taking the basic scenario - you authenticate and surf to google.com,
you then don't do anything for the 60 seconds time period which you defined
for Idle-Timeout and expect to be disconnected, right?
But the fact that you haven't touched your computer doesn't mean it's been
idle. It is possible that your browser refreshes the page automatically
every 30 seconds,
maybe some windows update software is running in the background, maybe some
DNS
records are resolving, maybe you have an IM software in the background doing
it's
stuff...

Get my point?

Regards,