Help With Cisco Configuration

Joseph.Corrado at nc4.us Joseph.Corrado at nc4.us
Wed Feb 27 21:59:31 CET 2008

I am trying to get a freeradius implementation rolled out for the first
time and am running into a few issues that I cannot seem to resolve.  I
have a Cisco 2960 in a test lab with a Linux server running freeradius
2.0.0 for authentication.  There are 2 problems I am running into.

1.  I cannot seem to get the radius server to authenticate a user and
place them at the privilege exec prompt, even thought I have configured
the 'users' file to place all users at the privilege exec prompt when
logging in by default (I did this just to test, ultimately I would like to
create groups with different privilege levels).

2.  I cannot seem to get the Cisco 2960 to accept the radius servers
authentication response when logging in the device via a VTY session using
SSH.  When running the server in debug mode, you can see the request
coming in and the server sending the authentication response back to the
switch, but the authentication will still fail at the switch.  The only
authentication I get is at the console level.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Joe

Disclaimer: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to
which it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged,
confidential, proprietary,
or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
strictly prohibited from
disclosing, distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If
you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy and delete
any copies you may have
received.