query

Mark J Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Thu Jan 3 10:57:35 CET 2008

Raghu V S wrote:
> hi sir,
>
> i am using  freeradius server of version 1.1.7 .
>
> i want to add a user at the run  time.
>
> please help me out of the issue.
One possible option is to put your users into a Database - such as
MySQL. Once there, the /etc/raddb/sql.conf module can be modified for
local use on the database - you'll also need to reconfigure
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf to actually use the sql module. Make sure you
have downloaded the whole of radius - and go through the documentation
it comes with - and *read* it.

If a user is in a properly configured database, Radius does not need to
be restarted whenever a customer is added or modified.

Once set up like this - you can authenticate other services like SMTP
(exim: incoming e-mail) and POP3 (IMAP) services from the same, single
database - as well as a Web+php front end for customers to view/modify
(change passwords) their own services - and use the info for your
internal billing purposes.

Radius may have been installed with  dialupadmin  - which may fit your
requirements.  http://www.freeradius.org/dialupadmin.html
(I don't use it myself - already had something - and Gentoo on my side
has it masked)

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, SCO ACE, Cisco CCIE