reject proxy users

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jan 7 08:33:54 CET 2008

Roar Pettersen wrote:
> We have a FreeRadius-1.1.7 which proxy radius request
> from several vpn servers. We need to reject students
> connecting to a employee vpn server.
>
> raddb/users :

  And the debug log, as suggested in the FAQ, README, INSTALL, and
everywhere else?

  i.e. you've told us what you've configured.  You haven't told us what
is in the request that the server receives, and how it processes that
request.

> The first with realm "student" doesn't work, but the last with
> realm "student.domain.com" does work.
>
> If I change the realm's then the first one always doesn't work,
> and the last one always work.

  There is no magic in the server.  The decisions it makes are printed
out in the debug logs.  It also shows WHY it made those decisions.