Bug?

Dave Gibelli dgibelli at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 7 17:03:42 CET 2008

This is a snippet from radiusd -X

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 192.166.0.10:1645, id=216, length=78
        NAS-IP-Address = 192.166.0.10
        NAS-Port = 1
        NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
        User-Name = "daveg"
        Calling-Station-Id = "192.166.0.231"
        User-Password = "abcdef"
  Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 0
    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "daveg", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 0
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 0
    users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 1
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 0

My users file is just:

DEFAULT         Auth-Type == "PAP"
        Tunnel-Type = VLAN,
        Tunnel-Medium-Type = IEEE-802,
        Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = 1

there should be no match on line 1 because the check item doesn't
match. I get the same match if I change PAP to EAP, is this a bug?