FreeRadius with SQL and Asterisk - FreeRadius inserts acct data toSQL database , but the data seems useless

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Mon Jan 7 22:24:31 CET 2008

-snip-
>  I thought that FreeRadius will somehow map these
> values from Asterisk to values which can be put to radacct table, e.g.
> Asterisk-Start-Time  ---> acctstarttime, etc. Obviously, it doesn't.
> I've been googling for whole day concerning this problem, and I wasn't
> able to find anything related to it, so probably other users had no
> problems with that.  I assume that I would have to create a custom table
> for supporting asterisk RADIUS packets, but I wasn't able to find
> anything on google.  I would appreciate any  kind of help, hint, or
> advice.  Below  you can also see debug output from freeRADIUS.

Nope. The asterisk developers have seen fit to create their own RADIUS
Dictionary. Thats fine, and FreeRADIUS Server will happily process the
information, but if you want to write it to SQL you will need to modify the
SQL queries in "raddb/sql/postgresql/dialup.conf" as well as the sql schema
to capture the asterisk data you want and stick it into the database.

See how you go and let me know if you have any problems. Once you have it
working, send the correct configs to me and I will add them to freeradius :)

Cheers
--

Peter Nixon
http://peternixon.net/