How to enable only EAP-TTLS type and not EAP-TLS?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jan 11 08:33:52 CET 2008

Stefan Winter wrote:
> For the built-in supplicant in XP/Vista: it generally sucks. There is the
> new "Wireless Native API" that is supposed to allow scripted auto-setups of
> 802.1X settings for an SSID, but we haven't tested if that's really
> practical. If you can find a student to code on that API, please go ahead :-)

  It's actually not that bad...

  The main difficulty is that Vista doesn't work like XP.  And if a
certain magic service isn't running, the API "succeeds", but doesn't do
anything.  And if there's another connection manager running (e.g.
intel, dell, etc.), then the API "succeeds", but doesn't do anything.

  Just normal practice for Windows.  But when the stars align, *wow*,
it's sometimes useful!