Message-Authenticator

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Jan 12 09:43:32 CET 2008

Norbert Wegener wrote:
> In cvs from January 9th I noticed for the first time, that freeradius
> complains about packets without Message-Authenticator and ignores them:
>
> WARNING: Insecure packet from host 145.25.153.222:  Packet does not
> contain required Message-Authenticator attribute
>
> How can freeradius be convinced to handle those packets?

  It should...

> In clients.conf I have
>        require_message_authenticator = no
>
> but the clients come from an sql database.

  The default for that field is "no", even for clients coming from SQL.

  The only thing I can think of is that you did a "cvs update" which
took the definition of that field, but didn't rebuild the SQL module,
which depends on it.

  Try doing a build from a clean CVS checkout, or from the 2.0.0 tarball.