help help help

liran tal liransgarage at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 12:37:59 CET 2008

Hey Adnan,

On Jan 14, 2008 12:25 PM, adnan deura <adnandeura at hotmail.com> wrote:

> hello everybody
>
> i am given the task of installing freeradius 1.1.7 on fedora core 7 for my
> computer networking course's final project.

Well that's nice to hear.

> my sir has a very little idea of freeRADIUS ., what should i do to get a
> good grade .

Being a good student is a start but there are other ways which
we won't cover here.

i have installed ,configured( i think so ),and added a user in the 'user'
> file and it all works well . i do not know what to do next please tell me
> that what i can i do next or at least tell me what to do on google.

Don't you have a project outline?
In anycase the wiki is a good place to start: http://wiki.freeradius.org

how is a user going to access the radius server on my machine ,
> and what are the things i can do with this tool to show to my lecturer,
> and what things are that i can do to avail the full features of freeRADIUS
> 1.1.7

It is probably better if you read up on some documentation explaining
what a RADIUS server does, what is it's role in the network and how it
operates.

Basically, you should also consider adding a NAS to your network
configuration
so that you can actually do some authentication and possibly accounting.
Otherwise you can just use the radclient as a proof-of-concept show-case.

Regards,
Liran Tal.