radsqlrelay v1.7 on freebsd 6.3

David Wood david at wood2.org.uk
Tue Jan 15 18:19:30 CET 2008

Hi Roy and everyone,

In message <1200308266.14269.49.camel at localhost>, roy
<bandwidth.user at gmail.com> writes
>Made these changes:
>line 53  my $FLOCK_STRUCT = 'l2is2';
>line 62  my $packed = pack($FLOCK_STRUCT, $start, $len, 0, F_WRLCK,
>SEEK_SET);
>
>Still returns:
>error: Couldn't lock /home/radius/sql-relay.work: Invalid argument

<sigh> Sometimes blind code changes don't work out. Unfortunately I am
flying blind, as I don't use radsqlrelay and I can't quickly concoct an
environment for it.

I think line 53 should actually be

my $FLOCK_STRUCT = 'q2is2'

as off_t is 64 bit in FreeBSD. Sorry for missing that earlier.

The lang/perl5.8 port is set to build perl with 64 bit integer support
unless you deliberately set the WITHOUT_PERL_64BITINT knob. That's just
as well, as this needs 64 bit integers.

Please feed back whether or not that works. If that's not it, I'm a bit
stuck - and short of time to work on FreeRADIUS related stuff at the
moment. Still, I'll do my best.

Best wishes,

David
--