Freeradius + portuguese characters in Active Directory

nikitha george nikitha.george at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 08:40:01 CET 2008

Please find the debug log below..

rlm_eap_ttls: Session established.  Proceeding to decode tunneled
attributes.
+- entering group authorize
++[preprocess] returns ok
        expand: %{User-Name} -> Catónio
rlm_attr_rewrite: Added attribute Stripped-User-Name with value 'Catónio'
++[copy_user_name] returns ok
        expand: ^(.*[\/]+) -> ^(.*[\/]+)
rlm_attr_rewrite: No match found for attribute Stripped-User-Name with value
'Catónio'
++[add_dollar_sign] returns ok
++[chap] returns noop
++[mschap] returns noop

++[mschap] returns noop
    rlm_realm: No '/' in User-Name = "Catónio", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
++[suffix_oblic] returns noop
    rlm_realm: No '\' in User-Name = "Catónio", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
++[suffix_oblic_fs] returns noop
    rlm_realm: No '/' in User-Name = "Catónio", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
++[prefix_oblic] returns noop
    rlm_realm: No '\' in User-Name = "Catónio", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
++[prefix_oblic_fs] returns noop
    rlm_realm: No '@' <%27@%27> in User-Name = "Catónio", looking up realm
NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
++[suffix_at] returns noop
    rlm_realm: No '@' <%27@%27> in User-Name = "Catónio", looking up realm
NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
++[prefix_at] returns noop
    rlm_realm: No '%' in User-Name = "Catónio", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
++[suffix_percent] returns noop
    rlm_realm: No '%' in User-Name = "Catónio", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
++[prefix_percent] returns noop
rlm_ldap: Entering ldap_groupcmp()
        expand: cn cn=mycn,dc=mydc,dc=com -> cn= cn=mycn,dc=mydc,dc=com
        expand: (uid=%{User-Name}) -> (uid=Catónio)
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Checking Id: 0
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Got Id: 0
rlm_ldap: performing search in cn=mycn,dc=mydc,dc=com, with filter
(uid=Catónio)
rlm_ldap: object not found or got ambiguous search result
rlm_ldap::ldap_groupcmp: search failed