Group Membership query??

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jan 16 09:51:09 CET 2008

Marc LEURENT wrote:
> Good evening,
> I'm sending a group membership query from openser to freeradius...
> I would like to send a group membership query, but it's a group
> authorize query that is received...

  I have no idea what you mean by that.  OpenSER sends RADIUS packets to
FreeRADIUS.  It doesn't send membership queries.
.
> auth: type Local
> auth: No User-Password or CHAP-Password attribute in the request
> auth: Failed to validate the user.

  You haven't told the server how to authenticate the user.  And the
packet from OpenSER is *not* compliant with the RADIUS specs.

  If you want to accept the user, set Auth-Type := Accept, not "local".