SQL query length

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Jan 17 01:02:57 CET 2008

Hi,

> > > option is to 'exec' external scripts to perform more complex queries, am
> > > I right?
> >  It's an option, but not the only one.  You can use Perl or Python, too.
>

> Sorry if this seems studpid, but, do you mean that I can embed Perl in
> radiusd.conf?

no - you can call PERL from pre-auth, auth, post-auth, accounting etc
at which point the chosen script defined in the PERL section
of experimental.conf will be run and the subroutine associated
with the call will be run - at which point you can inspect
any RADIUS attribute, make a decision and return updated
attributes, ok, reject and so on.

alan