radius attributes for cisco ip phone

Stieven.Struyf at komatsu.eu Stieven.Struyf at komatsu.eu
Thu Jan 17 14:53:54 CET 2008

I have hp procurve 3500yl switches for which i use mac based
authentication against radius server.
The radius server should assign the vlan's.
The pc that hangs behind the phone get the correct vlan, but the phone
doesn't.

The radius userfile contains this for the phone(for the pc i have the same
structure, only different vlan):

001c13d6b06f User-Password == "001c13d6b06f"
 Tunnel-Type = VLAN,
 Tunnel-Medium-Type = IEEE-802,
 Tunnel-Private-Group-id = "20"

The phone doesn't seem to receive an ip. Is there an error in my config?

Stieven Struyf
M.I.S. Division - System Operations
Komatsu Europe International NV
Mechelsesteenweg 586
B-1800 Vilvoorde
Stieven.Struyf at komatsu.eu
Tel. +32 (0)2 2552551

"The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting than
the question of whether a submarine can swim." -- E. W. Dijkstra

"This e-mail is property of the company and is supposed to contain only professional content. The company can at all times consult the content of this e-mail and the reply to this e-mail. By replying to this e-mail, you confirm your explicit agreement with the preceding."

"Deze e-mail is het eigendom van de Vennootschap en wordt verondersteld enkel beroepsmatige informatie te bevatten. De Vennootschap kan ten allen tijden de inhoud van deze e-mail en van het antwoord daarop raadplegen. Door het beantwoorden van deze e-mail bevestigt U uitdrukkelijk uw akkoord met het voorafgaande."