radius attributes for cisco ip phone

Rupert Finnigan rupert.finnigan at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 17 16:59:52 CET 2008

On 17/01/2008, Stieven.Struyf at komatsu.eu <Stieven.Struyf at komatsu.eu> wrote:

> I have hp procurve 3500yl switches for which i use mac based authentication
> against radius server.
> The radius server should assign the vlan's.
> The pc that hangs behind the phone get the correct vlan, but the phone
> doesn't.

Are you connecting the phone to the wall socket, and then the PC to
the "link" socket on the phone?

If this is the case then it's working as it should do.. the HP switch
NAS is authenticating the PC's MAC, and opening the switchport on the
correct VLAN for the PC, and so the phone will be on that VLAN too -
they're on the same ethernet segment. If you've got a PC linked via
the phone, and you want the phone to be on one VLAN, and the PC on the
other I believe you have to configure the switch-port as a trunk, and
then configure the phone accordingly.