Rlm_sql in freeradius-1.1.7

Dashamir Hoxha dhoxha at albaniaonline.net
Fri Jan 18 11:02:11 CET 2008

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> This can be done if we use the attribute Called-Station-Id
>> (or NAS-Identifier) with the operator '=~' and a value like
>> this: (00-1b-d1-36-e2-85|11-1b-d1-36-e2-86|22-1b-d1-36-e2-87)
>> This is a regular expression that will match the attribute
>> if its value is one of them that are listed.
>>
>> This solution still has a restriction. Since the value of
>> an attribute is varchar(253), it cannot contain more than 14
>> MAC-s listed. So, a user cannot use more than 14 access points
>> for connecting to the internet. For the time being this is
>> acceptable for me, however I am still looking for other
>> solutions. I am also planning to try freeradius 2.
>>

> in this case, use huntgroups - assign each station or NAS
> to the huntgroup and then use a huntgroup check for the
> user

Thanks for the suggestion, Alan. But does it mean that I should modify
the file 'raddb/huntgroups'? If so, than it is not so suitable, because
I would
like to maintain the data from an external application (which may or
may not be located in the same server as radius).

But anyway, the database tables radgroupcheck and radgroupreply
would be the equivalent of the configuration file 'huntgroups'.
Is it true that they don't work as described/expected, or it is just a bug,
or maybe I have missed something?

Do you think it is better to try radius 2?

Thanks,
Dashamir