unlang?

Dean, Barry B.Dean at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Jan 18 15:54:09 CET 2008

I am testing my current 1.1.7 config with version 2.0.0.

I have 2 bits of config that are not quite right on 2.0.0

1) I have the line:

	filter = "(cn=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}})"

I am not sure why, I inherited this setup and I am still trying to understand it. The LDAP server is eDirectory (FreeRADIUS compiled with -with-edir)

The "-X" output says:

WARNING: Deprecated conditional expansion ":-".  See "man unlang" for details
        expand: (cn=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}}) -> (cn=user)
        expand: o=uol -> o=uol

What is the replacement for ":-" given I don't know what it did in the first place for "man unlang" to be any help!

2) Rejecting a user

I have a specific user account (call it "special") it was barred using:

special         Auth-Type := Reject
                Reply-Message = "Cannot use this user account"

in the users file.

Variants like " special", "Special" and "SPECIAL" etc get by this check, and out LDAP server allows them!, so I added:

lower_user = before
lower_pass = no
nospace_user = before
nospace_pass = no

to radius.conf. These no longer seem to work. How do you achieve this with version 2.0.0?

Barry Dean
Networks Team
Computing Services Department
Tel: 0151 794 5641 (x45641)