EAP-TLS Machine Authentication problems - Resolved

Michael Olson olson at irinim.net
Sat Jan 19 04:22:19 CET 2008

Well this was an embarrassing sort of problem.

The CA certificate was in the Users Trusted Root store, once I moved it
to the Machine Trusted Root store all was well.

For anyone else ever hunting down this problem, the Windows RASTLS.log
error messages I got were:

[4968] 21:57:59:046: SecurityContextFunction
[4968] 21:57:59:062: InitializeSecurityContext returned 0x80090325
[4968] 21:57:59:062: State change to RecdFinished. Error: 0x321

In freeradius it seemed like the login process just cycled forever,
getting to the last message and the client just gave up.

In the Windows "Wireless Network Connection" dialog box it hung in
attempting to verify and never moved on.

Thanks all for enduring my duh  moment with me.

v/r
-- Mike Olson